Two art scholarships will be awarded in May to Southern California students who are high school seniors in the Class of 2012. Applicants must be planning a career in the arts and actively pursuing college-level art education.
The Art-A-Fair Foundation is a non-profit corporation committed to arts education and is affiliated with the famous Art-A-Fair Festival inLaguna Beach. The Foundation sponsors qualified art students to share a booth at the summer-long art show.
In past summers, our scholarship students received the valuable services listed below and each sold approximately $2,500 worth of their art, of which they received 100% of their sales.
The scholarships offer the following values:
- Shared exhibit booth space at the 2012 Art-A-Fair Festival
- Full value of the students’ art work sold during the 2012 Festival.
- For two-dimensional artists, up to $800 in framing, gicleés and art-cards. Materials also supplied for 3D artists work.
- Gaining the commercial experience of selling their art.
- Practical commercial advice from experienced and successful mature artists.
Scholarship Application Process
The two-phase selection process will involve a preliminary jury review of JPGs submitted to the Art-A-Fair Foundation via email to email@example.com.
Applicants who pass the initial screening will be invited to a physical jury process in late April. All first stage applicants will receive acknowledgement and successful applicants will be given instructions for the next steps in the second stage.
Final scholarship awards will be announced no later than May 4, 2012.
This year the Art-A-Fair Festival runs from Wednesday, June 27 through Sunday, September 2, 2012. The Festival is open from 10:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M. every weekday and until 10:00 P.M. on Fridays and Saturdays.
This nearly 10-week-long festival exhibits the work of 120-130 fine artists to more than 50,000 visitors every summer.
Requirements for Successful Applicants:
All applicants must:
Be seniors in the high school class of 2012
- Be residents and students in southernCalifornia
- Be actively planning further education and a career in the arts
- Be prepared to produce additional work during the Festival period
- Provide two letters of recommendation from recent teachers
The successful applicants must agree to meet the following requirements:
Deliver five or more works (dry, ready for scanning) to Framing Artistry, 24402 Via Fabricante, # 203, Mission Viejo by May 11, 2012.
- Provide appropriate biographical information materials by May 11, 2012.
- Attend two or more coaching sessions prior to the opening of AAF Festival to learn how best to promote and sell their own work.
- Assist AAF Foundation staff in preparing their booth in mid-late June.
- Spend at least eight hours per week in their booth at the Art-A-Fair Festival.
- Abide by all the rules and regulations of the Art-A-Fair Festival.
- Assist Foundation staff to remove art and tear down the booth September 3rd.